Friday, December 24, 2010

Mothers

Mothers are incredibly important in one’s life and molding of one’s character. I’ve got a few favourite lines from tunes about mothers. This is for all those mothers who’ve devoted their lives to raising their seeds against all odds.


Dance, NaS

“Up late, laughing about the hard times we faced / the galaxy is so enchanting beyond, Galileo's understanding / Past the milky way and all the planets / there's something out there greater / but only God knows, scientist claim we came from apes / but they lie though, that was part of our conversation / I spark one up and start blazing / thinking of how amazing she was / an angel gave me love / I'm thankful; to ever know a woman so real”


Dear Mama, 2-Pac

“And I appreciate, how you raised me / and all the extra love that you gave me / I wish I could take the pain away / if you can make it through the night there's a brighter day / everything will be alright if you hold on / it's a struggle everyday, got to roll on / and there's no way I can pay you back / but my plan is to show you that I understand / you are appreciated”


Hey Mama, Kanye West

“Can the choir please, give me a verse of; You, Are So Beautiful To Me / can't you see, you're like a book of poetry / Maya Angelou, Nikki Giovanni, turn one page and there's my mommy / come on mommy just dance wit me, let the whole world see your dancing feet / now when I say Hey, y’all say Mama, now everybody answer me”


Anything, Jay-Z

“I know mama, your little baby / but these streets raised me crazy / product of my environment, nothing can save me / thanks for letting me bloom for your wisdom for your womb / for the roof over my head, for my shoes, for my bed / for the most important lesson in life was when you said / strive for what you believe in, set goals and you can achieve them”




© 2010 ☂sojo

No comments: